Iconic Eats – Peoples’ Choice Competition
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development Limited (“ATEED”) welcomes entries to the Iconic Eats – People’s Choice Competition (the “Competition”). By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions.
- To enter, entrants must complete the ATEED ‘Iconic Eats Peoples’ Choice Top 50’ nomination form online at https://iconiceats.co.nz/peoples-top-50/, restauranthub.co.nz or accessed by the Iconic Eats Facebook or Instagram links.
- The Competition commences on 25 September at 00:01 and ends on 31 October 2020 at 23:59. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. All entries are deemed received at the time of nomination form receipt by Restaurant Hub’s and NOT at time of transmission by the entrant. Late, misdirected, illegal, incomplete or illegible, nominations are invalid. Restaurant Hub or ATEED are not responsible for such entries nor for any error, technical malfunction, loss, omission, communications delay or failure.
- Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. ATEED reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to New Zealand residents, aged 18 years and over.
- Only one nomination per dish, per eatery, per person will be counted. Multiple entries by the same person for the same dish will not be counted. Entrants may nominate different dishes. Nominations for dishes at different eateries will be counted.
- The Promoter is ATEED, the competition is hosted and managed on behalf of ATEED by Restaurant Hub Ltd, whose registered office is located at Restaurant Hub, Level 2, NZME Central, 2 Graham St, CBD, Auckland.
B. Entries, selection and Prizes draw
- The Competition Winner (the “Winner”) will be decided on 10 November 2020. The Winner will then be announced and notified by email, no later than 15 November 2020.
- The Winner will be selected out of the valid entrants by a team of moderators who will decide the best entry based on the story about the dish provided by the entrant on their nomination form.
- If Restaurant Hub does not hear from the Winner within 5 days of the email notification to the Winner, or if for any reason the Winner’s entrant details are incorrect, or the Prize Winner cannot be contacted within 5 days of the Winner being decided, ATEED reserves the right to decide another Winner.
- If the Winner accepts the Prize, the Prize-win and Terms and Conditions acceptance will be documented in an email to the winner.
- If the Winner declines the Prize, the Prize is forfeit and Restaurant Hub will confirm with the entrant in an email. Restaurant Hub reserves the right to re-decide the Winner.
- The Prize will be awarded to the holder of the email address from which that Prize entry was submitted. ATEED takes no responsibility for disputes resulting from entries submitted using an email address belonging to any other person.
- The Prize will be delivered within 28 days of the Winner being decided where possible.
- ATEED’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is one prize of 100 Iconic Eats to be won by one person and it will be valid for 12 months from the date of notification to the winner.
- The Prize consists of 100 vouchers that entitle the Winner to enjoy all 100 Iconic Eats without charge for a 12-month period.
- If for any reason the relevant Iconic Eats Top 100 Dish is unavailable, the relevant venue reserves the right to offer an alternative to the same value.
- The Prize cannot be exchanged for cash, credit, or service, and is not transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- If the Prize or part of the Prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), ATEED reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize at its own and sole discretion.
- In the event of a Covid resurgence, ATEED reserve the right to change competition entry and Prize winner announcement dates.
- Entry into this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Once the winner has accepted the Prize and the Terms, their First and Last Name will be promoted on, but not limited to, ATEED Communications, Email Newsletters, Restaurant Hub, Media and social media including Facebook, Instagram.
- The Competition Winner consents to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition.
- In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, Restaurant Hub collects personal information. The Promoter ATEED holds personal information to conduct the giveaway, notify the Prize Winner, verify the Prize Winner’s identity and may be used by the Promoter, for future promotional activities. Individuals have rights to access and request correction of their personal information held by Restaurant Hub by calling Restaurant Hub on (09) 928 6079. Failure to provide all requested personal information may result in the entry being invalid.
- Employees (and such employees’ immediate families) of Restaurant Hub Ltd, ATEED and agencies associated with the competition are not eligible to win any Prize.
- ATEED reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the Competition at its sole discretion. ATEED also reserves the right to refuse to award a Prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won a Prize by using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter is not liable for any loss, damage or injury (including and without limitation any indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any person in connection with the Competition and Prizes, except for any liability under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter ATEED reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions, and to modify, terminate or reschedule the Competition at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.